Monday, October 31, 2011

Book Review...The Iron Fey series

The Iron Fey series
Author: Julie Kagawa
Published by Harlequin Teen
Modern day fantasy, faerie, YA

Book 1- The Iron King
novella- Summer's Crossing
Book 2- The Iron Daughter
novella- Winter's Passage
Book 3- The Iron Queen
Book 4- The Iron Knight


 Recently I reviewed the The Iron King. (for that review click here) I have since read up to book 3 and decided to review the series as a whole. The series is about Megan Chase, who is half human half faerie princess, and her adventures in the Nevernever with Prince Ash and Robin Goodfellow. Megan is the daughter of the Summer King of the Seelie court.

I'm going to make this nice and simple.....Read it, read now, if you don't you're missing out and life will cease to exist. Seriously, I loved it that much.

Julie Kagawa does a great job at world building. Her characters are very believable and easy to fall in love with, especially Prince Ash. I could go on for hours about him and he's in my top five most memorable literary crush's.

I have to admit, I wasn't exactly in love with how book 3 ended but as luck would have it we get a book four. To top it off it is from Ash's point of view. I also have to admit I'm scared to read it.

As much as I want to read it I'm holding out because I don't want it to end. It has been so long since I found a series I care for this much and I love the thought of it not being over.

So if you like faeries, romance, cute boys and a kick ass heroine, I recommend this read.

3 comments:

  1. Kriston - Thanks for the wonderful book review; looking foward to hearing about the whole series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, found you on Market My Words but can't find a button to sign up as a follower! check out my blog when you have time
    http://writefromthesoulvisualeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Gail. I will head over your direction next.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison