Wednesday, November 9, 2011

On My Shelf

Look... I actually have real books to add to my shelf. I've really embraced my Kindle and have not been to a brick and mortar store since my local Borders went bye-bye.

As you can see I got "The Son of Neptune" and I bought it at Costco. *gasp* I know...Costco...but what's a girl to do? It is part two of The Heroes of Olympus series. In efforts to avoid spoilers I did not read one single thing about this book before buying it. I figured we would get to follow Piper, Leo and Jason's journey so I was a little surprised to see we are following Percy Jackson. I'm a little disappointed though, I don't want to wait another year before I find out what happens to the trio I fell in love with in book 1.

From Barnes & Nobel I got "Matched" by Ally Condie. It is a YA dystopian and the first in a trilogy. It was released November of 2010 but with the recent release of Crossed, book 2, I remembered how much I have been wanting to read it. Plus I love the cover.

I also got a book on Wiccan spells, Druid power and their relation to the Fay and a book about supernatural beasts and their impact on today's society. All in the name of research of course. *smiles like Cheshire cat*

Now from Amazon I am impatiently waiting for "Inheritance" by Christopher Paolini. It is book four in a series that started in 2003. I love love love this series. I should have it in my mitts by this weekend. *crosses fingers*

Also, this post is some what of an experiment. I found a handy little Blogger app in the iTunes store and composed this entire article on my beloved iPhone. As I write this I have no idea what sort of  format it will take once posted. Depending on what it looks like I may or may not be doing this again via iPhone. I have just been so busy at home editing my manuscript I thought I could save some time by sneaking this in during the day.

What books have you added to your shelf lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison