Thursday, April 5, 2012

Just Finished Reading...Anna Dressed In Blood


Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead. 

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father’s mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay. 

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn’t expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he’s never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home. 

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.


My thoughts~ I LOVED THIS BOOK! Go buy it, borrow it or steal it if you have too! (Just kidding, don't steal it) But seriously, this is a super good book. Back when there were real book stores I remember seeing it on the shelf and always thought, "Ya, I'll read that someday." I am so glad I did. 


Anna Dressed In Blood is a super fun read. That may sound crazy for a story about a ghost that has the ability to rip a person to shreds, and she does, but the characters are just so dang likable. Maybe I should reword that and say it is creepy fun because it does delivery in the "this is creeping me out" department. 


Right off the bat Cas is an interesting, entertaining character. He's smart, tough, a ghost hunter and all around cool guy. At times he seems  a bit full of himself but I liked it. He goes along with the flow but always seems to have the upper hand. 


I could gush on and on about the great plot, (it was full of surprises and moved at a good pace) the setting, (very believable and easy to picture) and the seamless way the characters move through the story but I fear I could not do it justice. I will say this though, it was just fun and entertaining like a proper story should be.  There's mystery, action and a romance. We get a bit of a cliff hanger but a very satisfying ending. What else can a reader ask for?


Over all I recommend this read. Part two Girl of Nightmares will be released August 7th. 















1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Kriston, I did buy this book, months ago, based on all the glowing reviews I've read for it, but have I read it yet? No! What's wrong with me. Hopefully I can do it before the next book comes out.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison