Sunday, July 22, 2012

Going Into Lock Down

It is rather obvious my posts have been pretty sparse lately. Life caught up with me and as of recent I have been secluded in my writing cave. I recently joined the Willamette Writers association and am attending their annual conference.

I have been diligently working on my manuscript and decided to see if she is good enough to be introduced into the world.

As far as deciding on the conference...that is very last minute. Every year I flirt with the idea of going and chicken out in the end I decide against it. After some encouragement from  a fellow writer/friend I decided it was time. After all, what do I have to loose? Pride, self respect. Nothing. I only stand to gain as I plan on attending every workshop possible and meeting as many writers as I can.

Oh ya...I'm also pitching my book to two agents and an editor. And these are not your average agents/editor. These are three very talented ladies who have all worked with  reputable and well known authors. Two of the authors they have worked with have been featured on my blog receiving high praise and glowing reviews.

I feel like I am in over my head a bit, but this is my dream and I'm going for it. Since signing up for this I have either been too busy or nervous to even eat. It has turned out to be a great diet plan. I will be back after the conference, August 3rd, to share everything I learned and experienced. I'm sure most of the posts will be more like, "What not to do at a conference", or  "Things you should never say during a pitch".

Any writers out there attend any conferences? What should I expect? I would love to hear how it was for you.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Kriston! Can't wait to hear all about. Don't worry about making mistakes--you have to make a few to get to the other side. You won't be the first "first-timer" they see. It will be a great learning experience. So excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Kriston. I'm heading off for a conference that same weekend. We can compare notes after the fact! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison