Friday, December 14, 2012

(Mini) Movie Review...The Hobbit

Oh Mr. Tolkien how I love you.

I must tell the truth, I did not like reading The Hobbit. But before you drag out the tar and feathers hear me out. I think Tolkien is the king of fantasy. I love every story he has created. Just not on paper.

This movie is superb. The cinematography is breath taking. If you are a Lord of the Rings fan this movie is a must. We all know LOTR is fantasy but The Hobbit takes it to a new level. It just seems more magical. There are no humans, we get to see several new creatures and a few of our old favorites are sprinkled through out.

Some might say it could be a tad shorter, but I was fully immersed into the story and drank up every second of it. I think the best way to explain it is this. You know how you see movies in the theater, then you see the extended version on DVD with all the extra scenes built right in? Well that is what The Hobbit is like. All the extra, really cool scenes are right there for us in the theater to enlighten and richen the experience.

So grab the kiddies, con the parents or just go by yourself if you have to. The Hobbit is defiantly worth the price of admission. I am going to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison