Thursday, April 11, 2013

Just Finished Reading...Clockwork Princess

My copy from the signing event at Barnes & Noble
My thoughts~

I have no words....

Just kidding. This book leaves me with mixed emotions. Over all I loved it. I've loved the series from the opening page in Clockwork Angel and devoured every word in the series since.

What I loved most about these stories were the characters. A lot of writers can write dynamic scenes with realistic settings, but it was the larger than life personalities of Cassandra's characters that sucked me in.

I'm not saying this book didn't have its faults, because in a way I felt like the author took the easy way out when it came to dealing with the love triangle. Because when Tessa and ______, did you know what, I thought to myself. Really? Now? I just didn't buy it. (yes you have to of read the book to get what I'm talking about, but I didn't want to spoil anything for future readers)

I think for the series as a whole I liked Clockwork Prince the best. But the gut wrenching story told to us in Clockwork Princess will stick with me for a while. When I read the epilogue it brought out real emotion in me. I felt the tension build in my chest, and if I would have been alone, I may have cried. It was that strong. But I didn't cry and only one book in the world has ever made me do so. (Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows in case you were wondering.)

Even though I was not the biggest fan of City Of Lost Souls, I, along with you, must wait impatiently for City Of Heavenly Fire. Thank you, Cassandra Clare, for bringing this story to life and sharing it with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison