Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Fault In Our Stars...Hold On While I Grab A Tissue

The Fault In Our Stars, by John Green

So this is how I handled it. How'd you do?

Who hasn't heard about The Fault In Our Star? Anyone? I mean everyone went on and on about how great it was and how it made them cry their freaking eyes out. I can proudly say I have joined the ranks of the brave men and women who dared to bare their souls to the heart wrenching story.

The Fault In Our Stars sat patiently in my kindle for many months, just waiting for the day that I felt brave enough to give it a try.  I was afraid to read this book. Cancer is not an easy subject to read about, and anyone who has watched a friend or family member suffer from the evil illness may be reluctant to give it a try. I know I was. Then one day out of the blue I finally thought I would read a few pages just to see it it grabbed me.

Not only did it grab me, but it reached into me, grabbed my heart and soul with both hands, and refused to let go until I devoured it. I think the first tear trickled down my cheek at the half way point. From there it was a non stop water works show. I read it in one sitting.

***This is not a review. It is just a post about the affect this book had me.***










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison