Monday, March 19, 2012

Just Finished Reading...My Soul To Take

My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent
book one of The Soul Screamers
published 2009

She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally. 

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.



My thoughts~ I enjoyed reading the character's in this book. We get all the stereotypical teenager  roles that keep the story in motion, but at the same time it did not seem formulaic. 


The middle of the story was a little slow. It was all very intriguing information we received but it went on for a long time. I have noticed this in a few books I've read lately. I understand it is information that we need, the mythical creatures we are being introduced to some times need lengthy explanations. But it needs to come in moderation. Besides that the plot is interesting and fun to follow.  


Over all I enjoyed this story. I wouldn't say drop everything and go out and buy this book or the world is going to end, but if you are searching for something new, I'd say this is worth the read. Rachel Vincent is a great writer. 


I would love hear how the rest of the series rates. If you have read them, please let me know your thoughts. Should I continue on? Does it get better? Worse? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison