Monday, February 20, 2012

Just Finished Reading...Crossed

Crossed by Ally Condie (Matched part 2)

published November 1st 2011

From Goodreads

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.


I will start with what was good. The writing itself, to me, was very good. We get very clear descriptions. They make the story very easy to picture in your mind. 

This story left me with wanting more. The events continued at a steady pace but it did not seem to go anywhere. I constantly felt like I was on the verge of something that never came.

What kept me reading was the fact that I liked and really cared for the character's so much in Matched. Crossed is more of a survival story as the character's wander around searching for things.  Plus it was made very obvious that Ky will be the reluctant hero. But not through his actions, we were more told and I did not like that.

Over all I like the very beginning and the end but the middle was slow. I'm sure we learned things that we need to know for book three but it needed more excitement. This is my suggestion. If you like Matched get this book from the library, go in on it with a friend or wait till the paper back comes out.

There is quote that I want to share-
Because in the end you can't always choose what you want to keep. You can only choose how you let it go. -Ky

1 comment:

  1. "I constantly felt like I was on the verge of something that never came."

    Yes, that is exactly how I felt! I kept reading because of the characters too. I really loved them in Matched, but not so much in Crossed. :(

    But, yes, I love that quote.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison