Sunday, March 20, 2011

Drum roll please..........

So I know you have all been waiting on the edge of you seat just dying to know what books have made my favorites list. Whats' that, I need to get back to reality you say. Okay so maybe you haven't really been dying to know but I am dying to tell you.

First I should get the most obvious out of the way and that being said.....every single Harry Potter book ever written all tie for the top spot. You could ask which one is my favorite but that could change on any given day.

Second most obvious is Twilight. I'm team Edward for the books, but team Jacob for the movies.


Now for the rest (and not in any particular order) these are books I can recommend without a doubt. They are pretty recent, main stream and most of them young adult.

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Eragon, Brisinger, and Eldest by Christopher Paolini (this one gets extra love, I love Dragons)

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clair

All the Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind

Wings and Spells by Aprilynne Pike

The Divinci Code by Dan Brown

Everlost by Neal Shusterman

I never read a lot as a kid but the authors I did read were V.C Andrews and John Saul.

Audio books

Graceling by Kristin Cashore
         This audio was interesting because each character was read by a different person giving it an old time radio show feel.

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Notice a pattern here. I think every one on the list is either fantasy or paranormal. I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison